Update: Applications Closed
Interested in Getting Involved in Protecting Our Drinking Water?
We’re currently seeking three economic sector members and one public sector member to serve on the Source Protection Committee
Originally established in 2007, the committee has successfully developed and launched the Source Protection Plan. The plan provides policies to mitigate potential threats to the source of municipal drinking water. The Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks approved the Source Protection Plan on January 26, 2015 at which stage the function of the committee transitioned primarily to evaluating the implementation of the Source Protection Plan policies and conducting periodic updates to ensure the plan is leading to the desired protection of sources of municipal drinking water.
Summary of Committee Member Obligations and Requirements
- Make a five-year commitment to participate;
- Attend committee meetings (two to three meetings per year);
- Attend training and orientation sessions as required;
- Must reside, own property, rent property, be employed in, or operate a business within the boundaries of our Source Protection Region;
- Cannot be a current Source Protection Authority Board or staff member;
- Respect confidential information and abide by the process in place to safeguard confidential information;
- Comply with the committee’s code of conduct;
- Act as liaison by bringing forward common concerns from knowledge and experience of respective sector to the committee;
- Provide input and make decisions at the committee table;
- Understand source protection science concepts and technical reports; Review reports/documents as required.
Applications closed on July 16, 2021
A selection committee will review all applications and make recommendations to the lead Source Protection Authority to endorse the preferred applicants. The selection committee may require applicants to participate in an interview.
Questions or Comments?
Contact: Bill Thompson, Manager, Integrated Watershed Management
120 Bayview Parkway, Newmarket, Ontario, L3Y 3W3
Tel: 905-895-1281 ext. 271