The Clean Water Act designated 21 threats.
In order to help you navigate the resources we have, we’ve grouped them into four categories (Municipal – Residential – Agriculture – Industrial/Commercial).
Residential threats are those threats that tend to exist in residential homes. Residential-related threats include:
- storage and handling of fuels and other chemicals
- a poorly maintained septic system
- wells that have been improperly abandoned
- home heating oil
- fertilizer application
List of resources:
Septics and Wells
- Your Septic System: Protecting Your Investment and the Environment (pdf)
- Septic Do’s and Don’ts (pdf)
- Septic Smart Booklet (pdf)
- Buying a Home with a Well and Septic (pdf)
- Well Aware Guide (pdf)