Industrial / Commercial / Institutional
The Clean Water Act designated 21 threats.
In order to help you navigate the resources we have, we’ve grouped them into four categories (Municipal – Residential – Agriculture – Industrial/Commercial).
Industrial/Commercial/Institutional (ICI) threats are those threats that tend to exist at businesses and include hazardous liquids and other potentially toxic substances, including dense non aqueous phase liquids (DNAPLs).
List of resources:
Information About DNAPLs
- DNAPL (Dense, Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids) Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Reviewing Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to Verify Significant Drinking Water Threats (pdf)
- Chemical Products Identified During Commercial and Industrial Threat Verification Site Visits (pdf)
- US EPA Website: Background Info on DNAPLs
- Household Products Database – to look up chemical contents in household products