The following resources are for municipalities to help inform and guide the public on source water protection.
The below fact sheets are provided in Word document format so that you can add personalize with your own contact information.
- Drinking Water: Ours to Protect (doc)
- Planning to Protect Drinking Water Sources: Risk Management Plans (doc)
- Cultivating Smart Water Use: The Facts for Farmers On Protecting Water (doc)
- Speaking of: Septic Systems (doc)
- Keeping Chemicals Out of Drinking Water Sources: The First Line of Defense (doc)
- Handling Fuels Safely: Residential Fuel Use (doc)
- Groundwater Primer (pdf)
- SWP Overview Primer (pdf)
- Source Water Protection in the South Georgian Bay Lake Simcoe Region (Powerpoint)
- Guide for Municipal Council (pdf)
- Guidance on Well Decommissioning (pdf)
- Guidance on Adding a New Well (pdf)
This guide was created to help municipalities prepare for implementation of their responsibilities under the Clean Water Act.
- Background and Introduction (pdf)
- Module 1: Establishing a Risk Management Office (pdf)
- Module 2: Understanding Where Policies Apply (pdf)
- Module 3: Land Use Planning (pdf)
- Module 4: Annual Reporting and Information Management (pdf)
- Module 5: Risk Management Plans (pdf)
- Module 6: Part IV Prohibition (pdf)
- Module 7: Non-Regulatory Policies (pdf)
- Module 8: Other Obligations (pdf)
- Generic Video about Source Water Protection
- Introducing your Risk Management Official
- Protecting Drinking Water From Threats like Fuel and Oil
- Keeping Hazardous Chemicals out of Drinking Water
Questions or comments on these resources?
Should you have any questions or comments about these resources (or ideas about other resources you might want), send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
You can also ask to speak with a source water representative at Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority at 905-895-1281.